Vitamin C is an antioxidant involved in connective tissue metabolism, drug-metabolizing systems, and mixed-function oxidase systems to list a few. Vitamin C deficiency causes scurvy; manifestations include impaired formation of mature connective tissue, bleeding into the skin, weakness, fatigue, and depression.
$37Average competitors price
$110Average competitors price Pricing based on average direct to consumer pricing.
- Fasting Required: See Patient Preparation
- Preferred Specimen: Serum
- Patient Preparation: Overnight fasting is preferred. Patient should refrain from taking vitamin C supplements or fruits 24 hours prior to sample collection.
- Overnight fasting is required
- Reference Range(s): 0.2-1.5 mg/dL
- Turnaround Time: 5 Days
- Test Code: 929